With strict travel restrictions in place throughout the world because of the on-going spread of COVID-19, the VP Engineering team has been grounded for a large portion of last month. All non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice. Needless to say, it’s been an adjustment for us, just as it has for so many of our clients, partners, family and friends. Fortunately, over the years we’ve implemented remote working capabilities that enabled us to be prepared for the “stay-at-home” orders issued by county and state officials. We have all of the necessary technology to continue providing our clients with the same quality MEP engineering design services you’ve come to expect.
That said, as we’ve made this shift from an office-based company to almost 100% remote, we’ve come to appreciate some of the benefits of working from home:
- A more flexible schedule
- Not having to wear a belt or shoes or pants that require a button/zipper
- You have the snacks you want, when you want them
- No commute!
- Travelling for work means moving from the bed to the couch
- Helping flatten the curve to stop the spread of the coronavirus
We’ve also developed some helpful tips for making working from home as equally as productive as working from the office:
- Katie Cothern, Director of Operations: “Set realistic expectations. It’s an unprecedented time. Practice understanding, be flexible and adapt as needed.”
- Josh Kirkland, Mechanical Designer: “Don’t just sit at your desk. Make the time to move – go for a walk or ride your bike. Stretching your legs will get your blood flowing, making you more productive!”
- Alex Leven, Mechanical Designer: “Set a schedule. Don’t just roll from your bed to your computer. Doing so will keep you on task.”
- Paige Fondrie, Operations Admin Assistant: “Indulge in some pet therapy. Get outside and play with your fur babies; it will be a huge stress-reliever.”
COVID-19 is changing our world in ways we once believed unfathomable. Our focus, and rightfully so, is trained on how to best protect and support our families, employees, customers, and communities as this unprecedented crisis unfolds. To that end, we implore our friends, families, clients and partners to please practice the recommended guidelines issued by the local, state and federal authorities. In doing so, we will save lives. From the entire VP Engineering team, stay safe and well.
About VP Engineering
VP Engineering is a dynamic Charlotte MEP design firm offering engineering expertise in senior living, multi-family, hospitality, medical, industrial, retail/commercial and educational markets worldwide. With experience in a wide range of building types, our MEP engineering services help keep projects on budget and achieve your goals. Learn more at vpce.com.